We find it is in the best interest of our patients to remain hospitalized without the excitement of having visitors. If your pet is hospitalized for several days we will certainly facilitate and sometimes encourage a visit.
Guidelines associated with visiting your pet include:
- Visiting hours are available throughout the day and during the evening.
- All pet visitations must be scheduled ahead of time with your NVS doctor or one of our support staff members.
- We ask that you limit visitation times with your pet to 20 minutes per day.
- Visitation is not allowed on the same day a major surgical or medical procedure is performed.
- You will most likely not meet in person with your doctor at the time you are visiting your pet.
Policy on items belonging to patient
We ask that you not leave leashes, collars, bedding, or food (unless otherwise specified) for your pet during their stay. Your pet will be provided with many comforts including soft bedding, toys, leashes, food, and fresh water. We change the patient bedding several times a day, so your pet will always have a clean place to sleep. Given the large amount of laundry we do on a daily basis, it is hard to keep track of items belonging to a specific patient. If you do choose to leave items for your pet, please understand that we can’t guarantee the items will be returned to you when your pet is discharged.